The Dating Game
Last night I got take my girl (Jessica) out to the movies...something I have been trying to do for the past couple of weeks now, but this time it was a little bit different, but just as special. We actually went on a "double-date" with Jack and Carla to the church to watch End of the Spear, a movie the youth group had set up as a fundraiser. They made their introductions, thanked us for attending, announced the concessions that were provided, dimmed the lights in the sanctuary and the movie began.
This is an awesome movie. I have already made the comment that it will be an addition to our video library.
The Review receives 3 Thumbs UP... from the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...
Based on a true story, it's about a few missionary families that travel to the Amazon to share Jesus with the natives. The tribes are very violent and volatile, thus making the sharing of Jesus by an unknown people very difficult, and impossible without His guidance. They run into some barriers because of language and cultural barriers, but when God is behind it, anything can be accomplished. Let us not forget He created the language barriers in the first place when He destroyed the Tower of Babel and scattered the tribes. So if He can form the barrier, He can definitely dissolve it. At the end, I just placed my face into my hands and wept. I realized that there are still places in this world that are cut off from civilization that God still commands us to go to. Not only that, but there are people all around us that seem to be cut-off from the Message. My heart goes out to those pioneer missionaries that are still encountering that frontier. I thank God for their obedience and faithfulness. I know one day that I am going on a mission trip to another country... I can just feel it. Until then my mission is in my own community.
Matthew 28:19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

4 Comments:
I really enjoyed our date. I agree the movie was awesome. I do think God will send you on a mission trip on day. I hope that we will be in a situation that I can go too. In the mean time we can do His work here. I love you..your "girl"
That was really nice for all of us to watch the movie together, we really had a good time. And the movie was awesome! It makes a big difference when the kids aren't running around in the living room. I could actually pay attention this time...
It was my second time watching the movie and I enjoyed it even more. God revealed things to me the second time that I didn't catch when watching the first time. I am so glad we serve a loving God.Who knows Maybe we can all do a mission trip together????:)
Wow your Blog really looks great
Post a Comment
<< Home