Giving Thanks

10 David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, "Praise be to you, O LORD, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
12 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. - 1 Chronicles 29
I also want to take the time to mention some things that I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful for my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ who was willing to leave His throne and humbly come into this world to die for a worthless sinner like me. I thank our Father in Heaven for sending His Son and for displaying His majesty, complexity, and power in the creation of this world. I thank my Creator, Savior, Counselor, Provider, and Friend.
I am thankful for my wonderful family. My wife and daughters have been the most special blessings that God could have ever given me. Thank You God for each day that I have awakened and been able to spend with them. I am thankful that this very day (Thanksgiving 2006) is my Gabrielle's first birthday. I am so thankful for the many prayers that were lifted up for my daughter as God was knitting her in her mother's womb. Many of you know we experienced a test, as she developed a heart arrhthymia that NO ONE besides God could do anything about. AND HE DID. She has since had a strong steady beat.
I am thankful for my extended family (parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephew). I had the privilege of being raised in a large family of Christians, on my mom and dad's sides. I am thankful for the reunions that we share each year. I thank them for raising me, training me, modeling for me the Ways of our Lord. I am also thankful for my in-laws and their willingness to sacrifice for family, and their display of tough love.
I am thankful for my close group of Christian friends, especially the ones from my church and even more special the ones from our Sunday School Class. I am thankful for everyone of you. I am thankful for the the truth, sincerity, and compassion that we show each other. I am definitely thankful for the FAITH HOME, and the monday night prayer meetings in the upper room.
I am also thankful for my abilities and priveleges to fulfill the path that God has prepared for me in this life.
There are so many more things that I am thankful for and I pray that the Lord will lay them upon my heart to lift in prayer daily.

2 Comments:
That was so sweet! We all have alot to be thankful for. I mentioned you in my post as one of my husband's friends, but you are also MY friend- and I am proud to know you! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to Gabby!!!
I am thankful for you J-maih!!
Post a Comment
<< Home