Saying Good Bye...
God has brought a lot of special people into my life in the last few years. I thank Him for them, because these individuals have helped me grow in my Christian walk. Earlier this year I found out that my school mentor, FCA counterpart, and good Christian friend that I could look upon for wisdom and maturity would be moving to Tennessee to pursue another branch in her life. Vonnie has been a great inspiration to me and I will miss her calm, collected, and intelligent nature that filled the positions of teacher and administrator at Beaufort High.
Today, I just received a phone call from another dear friend- my Christian Brother, Jack Reagan. I thought he was pulling my leg at first, when he said that he got orders and that they would be moving near Atlanta by July 1st. I quickly realized that what he was telling me was truth and that he wanted me to be one of the first to hear. Jack and I have grown very close over the past few years after God brought him to our church. We've prayed together, cried together, and just flat out had awesome times together. I know the darkness of his past and his knows mine, things you can only share with someone you love and trust. He looked upon me, and I upon him for Spiritual support. God has blessed Jack with an awesome ability to speak what the Spirit has directed him to say through scripture and prayer, and nurtured a deep passion inside of him. Many times I have desired to have a closeness that Jack has with God. I just felt like "man, I'm missing out". His excitement and rubbed off on others, and has truly spurned within me a desire to seek the Lord's Face even more and a desire to be drawn even closer to my Savior.
As much as I know that God has a plan for each of us and that we have to move when He directs us...it doesn't make the separation of friends any less painful. Even at this moment I type this post with a lump in my throat. I am going to miss the days and nights when I could call on him if I needed and that he would be there. I am going to miss seeing him and his family each Sunday and Wednesday at church, going fishing and camping in a more frequent way, and meeting in the Upper Room for prayer.
I know God has a purpose and though it may not be totally clear to us immediately, we have to have Faith. I know saying good bye now is not forever and I look forward to the days when we can reunite. I view this time as God strengthening me. He may be removing close friends to make me lean on Him even more. For the others of you reading this that are part of this close knit group, I love you and hope that God keeps us close together for many years to come. Jack and Carla, we'll miss you being so close, but I know the friendship we have will never end.

3 Comments:
I am going to miss them too. I know God has a plan, but I am sad about them leaving.
Heavenly Father,
Clothe Jeremiah with your full armor so that he can take a stand against the devil's schemes. Help him to stand firm, with the belt of truth buckled around his waist and the breastplate of righteousness in place. Fit his feet with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Give him the shield of faith, with which he can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Let him be glad for all you are planning for him. Let him be patient in troubled times, and always prayerfully seeking your will. Amen
well tears are totally running down my face right now- and I do not like to cry...I am terribly sad to be moving away, and of course I'll miss you & your wonderful wife! Ya'll are like no other friends we've ever had. God has truly answered a prayer when he placed ya'll in our lives, and you'll never be forgotten. Love you very much!
Post a Comment
<< Home